Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chillin with the Skillins - seriously, Grant stole a coat!

Katie and her kids were kind enough to watch Grant the other day while I went to work (more about that below the pictures).  I guess shortly after Grant got there, he got his hands on Drew's coat and put it on... upside down, and kept it on the entire time he was there.  Katie snapped some pictures of it - even got Grant to pose so she could get a shot of the back where the hood fit perfectly over his little bum!

Ahhhh so cute!  Thanks for getting these pictures Katie!

In other news this week, I found a job!  It's in a construction subcontractor's office and it's really close to home.  Finally!!!  It's been such a big answer to so many prayers.  I went in for a few hours last week just to get a feel for things and to help take care of some work that had been piling up.  I'll start full time tomorrow.  I'm a little excited to be able to use some of these skills again.
My only regret is leaving Grant with someone else.  That part always brings some tender feelings to the surface.  I just keep telling myself that life is life and I'm going to do the best I can with the situation.  Much love to you all!

2 comments:

CCc said...

Here's your pep talk: Don't ever feel guilty or worried or whatever about Grant staying with someone while you work. You are a FANTASTIC mother. He is a great kid who is healthy, has food, a home, clothing and most importantly he is well loved. We are only asked to be the best mothers we can be given our individual circumstances. You are doing just that. All will be well. We love you ;)

Dial Family said...

I'm so glad to hear you found a job; and that your sticking around there for a while longer... Ditto on what the CCc's said above... You are such a great mom and there is no doubt that boy of yours is going to feel loved, no matter what happens. Keep your head held high and just keep moving ahead!! Your amazing!! We didn't make it this last weekend, but hopefully by the 18th. I'll def. call you!! Much love sista!!