Grant and I went to Sugarhouse Park the other day to play in the snow. It had been one of our favorite places to play in the Spring and Summer, but it had just been too long and we couldn't wait for the seasons to change.


Grant would wander off and explore a little bit and then would run back to me and we'd snap a picture or he'd try to get me to chase him, which in the foot of snow on the ground wasn't an easy thing for either of us!


Grant decided that he wanted to take his hat off. Wasn't the wisest choice in my opinion, but I figured he'd learn about getting cold pretty quick. I was wrong. You'll see how in the video below. He decided to put his head in the snow, then rub snow on it, and STILL kept his hat off for the rest of the time we were at the park. I guess THAT'S why God gave us mothers! Because we'd never wear our hats in the snow otherwise (Mom, it's all starting to make sense - I really might have died if you hadn't made me take a coat with me all those times :p).
How sweet huh! Riiiight, look below. You see how he's leaning down to grab something in the picture on the left? It was a handful of snow that he threw in my face! WHERE is he learning this stuff?!?! (don't answer that)
We made snow angels (Grant's is on the left, mine is on the right), but if you look close enough, you can see that if I had brought my right arm down (yes we were making them at the same both at the same time), I would have been bopping my baby on the head so I'm just a one winged angel this year. I'm ok with that though. Grant also made sure that he helped contribute to the frozen moisture on the ground.
I've never been much of a photographer, but I saw some beautiful things that day and managed to capture them.

There was one amazing moment when the sun came out and made everything sparkle. The kind of sun burst that looks like rays from heaven. Simply amazing!

Overall it was a magnificent day! SO much fun with the Little Rascal!








2 comments:
I cannot get over how much he has grown since the last we saw him. Lilly would be going crazy with him in the snow. When we were out for Christmas my mom and dad took the grandkids to the park where there was plenty of snow for them. Emma didn't last but 5 mintues and wanted to go back inside. Lilly was so excited she too took off her gloves and hats and wanted to just keep playing. She is SO my tomboy!! Glad to see your still blogging!! Where have you been!! We need to catch up and talk!!
Looks like you had a fantastic day together. He sure is a cutie! Give us a call some time and we can have an outing together!
Post a Comment